This year’s E3 (2021) was a little bit different, and the best is yet to come but here is a recap of the biggest announcements.
Sadly, this year’s E3 wasn’t a massive spectacle like usual as there was no actual, physical, event. The whole thing was hosted online and the entire thing was prerecorded. However, there was some neat announcements. Here is our E3 2021 recap.
A massive change in E3 2021 was witnessed this year, and the event was taken to the digital platform, rather than being hosted live. So, it was pretty flexible in overall outlook because everyone could follow the trailers, and the companies were hosting it with their separate themes. So, the gaming companies announced their dates of presentations, which started in mid-June for three days.
So, today we will be talking about the top 10 companies that participated in E3 2021 and see what the revolution in the gaming industry is at its toes. Here is our E3 2021 recap.
Being one of the top participants of E3 2021, Nintendo made announcements that include:
- Metroid Dread is the first 2D title in the series in 19 years. The platformer will be released on October 8.
- The company also presented a clip from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, launching in 2022.
- Mario Party Superstars is a set of minigames for a group of friends. You can also play with strangers on the Internet: release – October 29.
- Mario Golf: Super Rush is an arcade golf game with Nintendo characters. The release is on June 25, and pre-orders are already open. Post-release updates are planned with new athletes and golf courses.
- The Shin Megami Tensei V will be available exclusively on the semi-portable console on November 12. The collection of pre-orders for the physical version will begin on June 21.
- Danganronpa Decadence, a compilation of four games, will be released in 2021.
There Are More Projects at Microsoft!
With its presentation at E3 2021, Microsoft was trying to sell you not even a console but an Xbox Game Pass: almost all the games shown will be included in the subscription right at the start. In total, the conference announced and recalled 42 projects that will become (or even have already become) part of the catalogue.
As Microsoft emphasizes in its materials, the release schedule for Xbox Game Pass is designed so that subscribers receive at least one major game a month and a couple of very promising indies (or something of a similar calibre). That is, fresh entertainment appears in the catalogue regularly.
Futuristic Plans By Ubisoft
The famous French company Ubisoft has revealed the games it will show to its fans and other gamers at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo 2021 gaming exhibition.
Ubisoft shared its plans for E3 2021 with its fans and even released a special trailer on this topic.
Ubisoft has introduced the upcoming updates for already released popular games, including:
- Watch Dogs: Legion
- For Honor
- The Crew 2
In its presentation, the players were shown the long-awaited gameplay of the co-op shooter Rainbow Six: QuarantineIn addition, there was also the exhibition of Far Cry 6 and Riders Republic.
Another important announcement for the gamers was of Assassin’s Creed 2022, Mystical Quest series, and new details of the film adaptation of the game “Werewolves Inside.”
Verizon held a presentation on the pros of 5G technologies for future game development. They have also considered the 5G technologies in such areas as esports, both for developers, gamers, and their fans.
Razer Unveils Innovative Laptops
Razer kicked a cat out of the bag at E3 2021 with the unveiling of the 14-inch Razer Blade gaming laptop, which is the first to feature AMD hardware to give your games a real boost.
And they introduced the new Razer Blade 14 gaming laptop.
We’ve seen 14-inch Razer laptops before. Most gamblers fancy this model as it is perfect to play new free Aristocrat pokies on. However, the last time was three years ago, and it didn’t have any AMD processing power. However, Razer has made new fans by introducing one of the fastest gaming laptops.
The laptop comes in black, and you can buy three versions, each with slightly different specs and pricing. The Blade 14 starts at $ 1,799.99 for the base model, while the top-tier model retails for $ 2,799.99.
Gearbox’s presentation at E3 2021 focused on the Borderlands movie, which Randy Pitchford said is halfway through production.
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderland was Gearbox’s big announcement at E3.
- Gearbox also announced the production of Homeworld 3.
- Another game is Tribes of Midgard, which is due on July 27 on PS4, PS5, and Steam.
- Godfall is coming to PS4 on August 10 with a free update to the PS5 version. It will include a free Lightbringer update and Lightbringer final mode. There will also be a Matchmaking Beta available and over 40 new items and 50 skins.
- Square Enix, with a whole package of Guardians of the Galaxy, Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster, Final Fantasy VII – The First Soldier, has been announced for mobile.
- Also, mobile platforms will receive the game Hitman Sniper: The Shadows – a spin-off of the Hitman series dedicated to a group of snipers.
- The gameplay of the co-op action game Babylon’s Fall from the PlatinumGames studio.
- Trailer for the Life is Strange Remastered Collection, which includes updated versions of Life is Strange and Before the Storm. The collection will be released on September 10 as part of the Ultimate edition of Life is Strange: True Colors, and on September 30, it will be released as a standalone release.
- A spin-off of the Final Fantasy series, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, has been announced. This is an action game, which the Team Ninja studio is developing, and the demo version of the game is already available for download on PS5.
WB Games Also Played a Big Part!
There are several projects in line for WB Games, but the top news is that it will be launching Hogwarts Legacy next year. Other projects on the stand include Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and Gotham Knights.
On October 12, 2021, WB Games has also announced the launching of Back 4 Blood.
Capcom Is Up to Something
Capcom presented a new Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruins at E 3 2021.
The company has announced a hybrid version for Monster Hunter Rise and Wings of Ruin, released by July 9.
In ‘The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles,’ Capcom has introduced two new elements for the game:
- The Dance of Deduction’ and ‘Final Examination.
- Guerrilla Collective Showcase
Another great exhibition of Guerrilla Collective Showcase that started with a trailer of Aragami 2 is expected to launch on September 17.
X-box and Bethesda Games
This amazing collaboration presented 30 new games, including Halo Infinite. They’ve also presented their Microsoft Flight Simulator that was created for Paramount Studios for the upcoming Top Gun: Maverick film.
E3 2021 Comes with PC Gaming Trailers
Following is the news hit by Future Game Shows for the PC Game players:
Details of post-release support for action MMO Chivalry 2. The game is already on sale.
- A trailer for the Rawmen minigame collection.
- New gameplay demo of the zombie action Dying Light 2.
- Surprise announcement for 4X strategy game Humankind – PC Gaming Show host Frankie Ward will appear in the game as one of the heroes.
- Trailer for 2D action about the bounty hunter They Always Run.
- Orcs Must Die 3 will lose its exclusive status for Google Stadia and will be released on PC and consoles.
- Trailer for RPG Vampire: the Masquerade – Swansong. The game will be released on PC and consoles.
- The announcement of a fighting game with robots Gigabash.
- The turn-based online shooter Lemnis Gate will be released on PC and consoles on August 3.
- Trailer for Next Space Rebels rocket design game. The release is scheduled for this fall.
- The turn-based RPG WarTales from the creators of Northgard has been announced.
- Ixion space strategy announcement. The game will be released in 2022.
- The debut trailer for the adventure Far: Changing Tides. The game is being developed for PC and consoles.
- The announcement of a life simulator is set in the medieval setting of Lakeburg Legacies.
- A trailer for the Interstellar Insanity event for Killing Floor 2, which will take players to the moon on June 22.
- Gameplay trailer for the retro immersive sim shooter Gloomwood.
Not satisfied with our E3 2021 recap? Don’t worry. We’ve heard that Sony and Microsoft are saving their biggest announcements for later this year… like is Abandoned really Hideo Kojima’s Silent Hill?! Perhaps there is even a tease announcement for Grand Theft Auto 6!