ACE Family vlogger and YouTube star Austin McBroom responds to cross-platform boxing event pay lawsuit, claiming he’s completely in the dark about it.
Following the filing of a lawsuit against streaming partner LiveXLive by event organisers, YouTuber Austin McBroom from the ACE Family has described what is going on behind the scenes of the TikTokers vs. YouTubers compensation conflict.
On June 12 at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, it was YouTuber Austin McBroom who emerged victorious in his fight against TikToker Bryce Hall. McBroom defeated TikToker Bryce Hall in the last round of the night’s fight.
Despite the fact that the event was a big success, it has been somewhat overshadowed in the weeks after by a controversy over pay, with fighters such as Vinnie Hacker claiming that they have yet to receive any money from the event itself.
According to reports, event organisers Simply Greatness Productions (SGP), which is said to operate Social Gloves, filed a complaint against streaming partner LiveXLive on July 21, alleging that the firm refused to reimburse them for money earned by selling tickets to the event.
According to reports, McBroom is the owner of Social Gloves following the discovery that his company Ace Hat Collection Inc holds the trademark; nevertheless, the YouTuber has not spoken publicly about the degree of his involvement until now.
Austin responded to the matter and provided some background information about the dispute in an interview with paparazzi on July 24.
Once she was made aware of the lawsuit against LiveXLive, the influencer set out to refute any allegations that had been spreading about the situation at the time. His denial of the claims that Social Gloves had gone bankrupt is based on his estimation that the company made $3 or $4 million simply from in-person attendees.
He later confirmed that neither the fighters, nor he, have not yet been compensating due to LiveXLive withholding funds, claiming “they have not paid Social Gloves one penny.”
Austin claimed that know one knows how many much they earned through pay-per-view sales, however it is rumoured to be anywhere between USD$100k to 2 million. He then tried to reassure them that they “will be paid before the next event.”
“It’s unfortunate because all these fighters deserve what they’re owed,” he said. “Everyone worked their asses off, every fighter including myself. We worked our asses off for the last three or four months. And for LiveXLive to hold on to the funds and act like the event wasn’t a success—and the crazy thing is, they’re gonna act like the numbers were low, but now they’re jacking my idea and doing their own event in the next two months. That doesn’t make any sense to me.”
Afterwards, he claimed that LiveXLive attempted to claim that the United Kingdom only brought in about 5000 pay-per-vie purchases, adding that this “doesn’t make any sense” given the fact that UK-based creators such as Deji and AnEsonGib were engaged in the event.
It appears as though the lawsuit will just serve to prolong the duration of the debate, as combatants and artists await a conclusion.